Friday, September 5, 2008

First Awana, choir, and book marks

Our first Awana club went really well on Wednesday night. We had at least 50 kids, I didn't take a count, but I'm pretty sure every chair was filled. I'm hoping to grow this year, but right now we still need more leaders, so I'm glad we weren't bigger.
This month we will be going over the 3 and 5 count each week. Ask your child about it if you don't know what that is.
On September 24 we will have bandana night. Wear a bandana in a creative way!

Also, on September 14 at 6:00 children's choir will start. We will be learning the musical called "Christmas County Spelling Bee". It's got great music and a great story line! I hope every child will join us each week. The performance will be on December 14 at 6:00 pm!

Also starting this Sunday in Sunday school children will get a book mark with scripture to read each night of the week. Encourage your child by reading with them!

No comments: